Online gaming publication Game Reactor were able to speak to Miyamoto after the acclaimed developer received his prestigious Príncipe de Asturias award in Communication and Humanities. During the discussion Miyamoto talked about Retro Studio’s handling the Zelda franchise as well as online gaming and Miiverse. Here’s a snippet of what he had to say.
- Premise: almost every Wii U user will already have Wiimote, Nunchuk and even WM+ – this gives freedom to devs. IR alternate pointing to both screens highly possible
- Miyamoto-san doesn’t think they fell behind with online, but now is the right moment and you ‘have’ to be online with the Wii U.
- Retro qualified for Zelda game, but being in America would leave less-dependent games for them (story, design Japan-only)
- They’ll encourage handwritten chatting with Miiverse
- 2 current goals are: own creation and creating teams which doesn’t need him.
- iPad Mini screen size is another indication they took the right path with GamePad design