Shadow of the Tomb Raider's Week One sales are 25% higher than its predecessor's, 2015's Rise of the Tomb Raider. However, Rise was an exclusive to Xbox platforms (at the time), whereas Shadow is a full multi-platform release.
Compared to the first Tomb Raider reboot in 2013, first weeks sales are more than 70% down. Of course, these charts don't factor in digital sales, and digital is understood to be taking a larger percentage of the boxed market compared with five years ago. Nevertheless, it's not a huge week one for Lara Croft. 63% of launch sales came on PS4, whereas Xbox One accounted for the remaining 37%.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider debuts at No.2, which means Spider-Man retains its No.1 spot for a second week. Impressively, the Sony game's week two sales are down just 42% compared to its launch week, and it's already on the brink of eclipsing the sales of the last big PS4 exclusive: God of War (boxed sales only).
There's also a new game at No.3 in the form of NBA 2K19. The 2K title charts a place lower than last year's entry, although sales are pretty much identical. 65% of sales of NBA were on PS4, 33% on Xbox One and 2% on Nintendo Switch.
Last week's big new releases drop further down the charts. Sales of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age fell 86% week-on-week and the game drops to no.29, whereas Destiny 2 Forsaken sales fell 68% and the game now sits at No.26.
UK TOP 10 - WEEK 37
02 Shadow of the Tomb Raider
03 NBA 2K19
04 Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy
05 Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
06 Grand Theft Auto V
07 F1 2019
08 The Elder Scrolls Online
09 LEGO The Incredibles
10 Super Mario Odyssey
Qui la TOP 40
Modificata da Akai Life, 17 September 2018 - 06:15 PM.