Da un pò di tempo ci si chiedeva che fine avesse fatto il producer dei Tales of, Hideo Baba, dopo il casino con Zestiria.
Baba guiderà un nuovo studio creato da Square Enix che si chiama Studio Istolia, che sta reclutando staff per lavorare ad un nuovo rpg che nelle intenzioni della compagnia dovrebbe diventare una nuova serie e non limitarsi quindi ad un solo titolo.
La piattaforma di destinazione non è stata menzionata, ma sappiamo che cercano staff che abbia esperienza in fatto di action rpg, di programmazione sui sistemi High End e anche nell'utilizzo di Unreal Engine 4 e Unity.
Square Enix has announced a new RPG project called “Project Prelude Rune,” developed by newly established Tokyo studio Studio Istolia and produced by former Tales of series producer Hideo Baba, who is also president of the new company.
The project aims to build a new RPG with a new fantasy: unfolding across a vast land teeming with life. Nurtured by the earth, the many peoples of this land dare to dream, fighting for what is just—and this is their tale.
The studio name, Studio Istolia, originates from the Greek work for “story,” which is “central” to the developer’s primary value, as it aims to provide “unforgettable stories that will inspire players in their own lives, and bring new game experiences to everyone around the world.”
Studio Istolia is currently seeking several staff to work on the new IP, including:
- Battle Planner
- Map Planner
- UI Planner
- Character Designer
- Map Designer
- Monster Designer
- Motion Designer
- Effect Designer
- UI Designer
- Battle Programmer
- Tool Programmer
- Event Programmer
- Sound Programmer
- UI Programmer
- Technical Support
- This is a studio that is made to launch a brand new RPG IP. Not a single game
- It is also a recruitment campaign for the studio, they are hiring planners, designers, and programmers
- The spec they are hiring for is "high end systems", and they welcome experience in UE4 and Unity
- They are also looking for Battle planners and programmers with Action RPG experience, which indicates the direction of the combat
- This is a subsidiary of S-E Holdings, and not just an internal studio of S-E Japan, this is similar to Tokyo RPG Factory, their own company
Company Name: STUDIOISTOLIA CO, LTD
Official URL: http://www.studioistolia.com
Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/studioistolia
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.../studioistolia/
Shareholders: SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS CO., LTD 100%
President: Hideo Baba
Headquarters: Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo Shinjuku 6-chome No. 27 No. 30
Business: Game Development