1. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
2. Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)
4. FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
5. Destiny: The Taken King (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
6. Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
7. Disney Infinity 3.0 (360, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
8. Mad Max (PS4, Xbox One)
9. NHL 16 (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
10. Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- $1.01 billion on new games and hardware at United States retailers in September
- this is down 9 percent from $1.10 billion last year
- hardware and software were down, but accessories were up
- hardware sales were down 27 percent from $431.2 million to $313.5 million
- game sales dropped 3 percent from $480.6 million to $465.6 million
-PS4 lead software sales.
-Best month in PlayStation Store (PSN) history.
-NPD: "for 8th generation software, NBA 2K16 had the best launch month ever for any Sports game". Note that NBA launched at the end of the month to boot.
-Animal Crossing sold nearly 115K (physical + digital)
-Mario Maker sold 445K physical + digital for a 500K+ LTD
-"After 23 months on the market, combined PS4 and Xbox One sales are 40 percent higher than the combined 23 month totals for PS3 and 360,” said Callahan.
-3DS is up 25% year over year for the 9 month period from January through September.
PS4: Best selling console. Down from last year.
XB1: Down from last year.
Wii U: Up nearly 110% over August 2015.
- 3DS sold around 129k
- Wii U sold around 89k