Nintendo financial report 17/02

- - - - -

• Non puoi aprire una nuova discussione
  • Effettua l'accesso per rispondere
Questa discussione ha avuto 9 risposte

ROcK

ROcK
  • Mercante di carrelli della spesa

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • Gruppo: [Mod]Moderatore

- Wii U’s software sales in Japan, US, Europe and Australia, from April to September, increased by over 200 percent from the same period last year
- factors leading to this were Mario Kart 8 in May and E3 2014 in June
- increase is especially high in Australia, which is due to their “Toy Catalog Season” in June-July
- Hardware sales in the same regions saw huge increases as well
- New 3DS XL in US and Europe sold over three times as much as the original 3DS XL did
- amiibo worldwide shipments at 5.7 million by the end of 2014
- normally sales of items such as these would drop after the holiday seasons
- the release of new waves of Amiibo, as well titles such as Mario Party 10 will hopefully keep the momentum
- Nintendo plans on making a finite number of certain Amiibo and letting them sell out
- shortages were caused by the figurines being produced and released in such a short period of time
- continued shipping of these types would be difficult due to certain constraints
- download sales of digital titles reached 21.1 billion yen by the end of Q3
- this is a 17 percent increase from last year
- Nintendo has seen huge increases in digital sales, with a significant spike in the US

Nintendo confirms single-run, limited edition amiibo

Iwata says more Wii U games to announce for 2015, focus on utilization of GamePad features

25l.jpg

This slide shows the Wii U titles that have already been announced for release in 2015. Even though there are more to announce, this slide contains many titles which fully utilize the GamePad. In addition to Mr. Miyamoto’s GamePad Utilization Project, UGC (User-Generated Content), where players can enjoy other players’ creations, is possible in titles such as "Mario Maker" (temp.). Gameplay that utilizes the GamePad possesses a large amount of potential, and it can further expand the way parents and children have fun together.

Iwata shares plans to expand local multiplayer use overseas

We are also planning to further promote multiplayer Local Play in order to further accelerate the expansion of Nintendo 3DS in overseas markets.

During the popularization process of handheld gaming systems in Japan, multiplayer Local Play has contributed greatly to the "Pokémon," "Monster Hunter" and "YOKAI WATCH" franchises.
We believe that multiplayer Local Play has played such a significant role in the expansion of handheld gaming systems for a variety of reasons: it creates a fun environment where users teach one another, games that are actually really fun to play tend to spread by word-of-mouth and for the experience of the super-stable 3D feature of New Nintendo 3DS, seeing is truly believing.

Iwata says more unannounced third party 3DS games coming

In addition, in the domestic market, third-party software developers continue to be highly motivated to create software for Nintendo 3DS. As I said just a moment ago, some hit software titles from third parties have become double-million sellers, and there has been a constant stream of small-to-medium hit third-party software.

As you can see, many titles that have already been announced are set for release and I have heard about the development plans for many more titles that have not been announced and hence are not shown here. I also think that assisting Japanese software publishers that have had success in the domestic market to promote their games overseas will create new possibilities.

Nintendo to talk 'aggresive' use of Nintendo IP, Quality of Life and smart devices at next financial briefing

First of all, allow me to use this occasion to apologize that, although this Financial Results Briefing was originally scheduled for January 29, we had to contact you on that very morning to postpone it until today because I suffered from a sudden and very high fever from the early morning of that day. I am very sorry for the inconvenience that I caused all of you.

Today, since this is not a Corporate Management Policy Briefing but a Financial Results Briefing after the year-end sales season, which is the biggest sales season of the year, please allow me to focus on the results of the sales season and update you on our most recent business status. While we will further our endeavors to increase our Nintendo 3DS and Wii U businesses in the next fiscal year, we intend to simultaneously challenge ourselves with new endeavors which include our plan to take advantage of smart devices, more aggressive use of Nintendo’s character IP and our new QOL improvement platform business. I am limited in what I can discuss about these efforts now, and I do not think I can successfully convey a big and comprehensive picture of our projects just by sharing with you some fragmented information on these multiple challenges. At the time when we hold the next Financial Results Briefing to discuss the annual results of the current fiscal year, I am hopeful that I will be able to share with you any relevant information, as well as about our financial forecasts, in as much detail as I can. Accordingly, please note that this information is not included in my presentation today. - Satoru Iwata

ROcK

ROcK

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta

Iwata on Wii U hardware/software sales, increases over last fiscal year, worldwide purchase habits

20l.jpg

We showed a graph at the Corporate Management Policy Briefing to indicate the growth of the Wii U hardware and software sales in the first half of this fiscal year over the corresponding six months a year ago in Japan, the U.S. and in Europe, and this is the same graph but with the data from Australia.

The sales figures of both hardware and software improved due to various reasons, such as the release of "Mario Kart 8" in May and the re-evaluation of the Wii U platform after E3 in June. The strong growth in Australia can be mainly be attributed to "Mario Kart 8" released in May just before Australia’s unique June-July winter sales season, known as the Toy Catalogue Season.

We shipped 4.77 million units of "Mario Kart 8" worldwide as of the end of the last calendar year. I can say it marked a very high attach rate if we consider the current installed base of Wii U hardware.

Following the Nintendo 3DS version, we released "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U," which had shipped 3.39 million units by the end of last year. As these two classic multiplayer franchises for Nintendo consoles were brought out together.

23l.jpg

As you can see, the year-on-year comparisons of software sell-through sales in the October-December period show increases in all regions. They especially improved in the U.S. market. We can see larger improvements if we make comparisons among Nintendo titles, especially in the overseas markets.

This is not directly related to this graph, but if we look at the sales figures of only Nintendo titles just in the U.S. for the full calendar year of 2014, the total figure of retail and digital sales represents 175 percent of those for the previous year.

On the other hand, hardware sales increased smoothly in overseas markets but decreased in the domestic market. Our analysis of this situation is that in addition to our offers not attracting consumers in the same way as the Premium Family Set bundles did in Japan in 2013, New Nintendo 3DS gained more attention than Wii U, many of the big titles were released for Nintendo 3DS to encourage younger consumers to choose multiple Nintendo 3DS titles, and the priority of purchasing the Wii U console decreased.

Nintendo on New 3DS XL sales vs. 3DS XL, retailer sell-outs

15l.jpg

As you can see here, we also launched special-edition hardware on that day.
I have received reports that pre-orders for this limited-edition hardware went so well that many retailers closed them before the launch date and the hardware almost sold out on the launch date.

Here are our preliminary sales figures for New Nintendo 3DS launched last Friday in each region, and we are comparing the sales for the first two days to those of Nintendo 3DS XL. At the end of last year, some video game enthusiasts, who actively gather information on video games, held off on buying Nintendo 3DS hardware in anticipation of the New Nintendo 3DS launch. Thanks to these consumers and some highly anticipated titles being released simultaneously, we had a good launch despite it not being the usual sales season. Our next challenge is to keep this sales momentum.

raumizio

raumizio
  • HardBlackEye

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta

Aumentate le vendite in digitale del 17%...non l'avrei mai detto. Evidentemente le offerte a basso costo di alcuni titoli hanno dato qualche spinta al DD, nonostante l'orrendo sistema di gestione account.

Certo che se ogni tanto facessero qualche offerta da 2 euro sulla Virtual Console...tipo Super Metroid a 2 euro. :asd:

La notizia che il New3DS XL abbia fatto meglio dell'XL liscio all'uscita non mi sorprende: molti utenti che avevano già il 3DS non avevano fatto il passaggio all'XL, a differenza di stavolta, che invece in molti, anche possessori di XL, sono passati al New.

Per il resto...devo decidermi a prendere almeno un Amiibo... :asd:

Mi piacciono troppo ma non ho ancora ceduto alla tentazione. :asd:

-Eklipse della Mancia-

-Eklipse della Mancia-
  • Every game has a story. Only one is a Legend...

Insomma di questo QOL ancora poche info.

raumizio

raumizio
  • HardBlackEye

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta

Ho ceduto alla tentazione in fretta...ho appena preso un Amiibo di Bowser. :asd:

Era settimane che ci giravo attorno.

S. Clegane

S. Clegane
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • Gruppo: Utente Pro

Ma della possibilità di far uscire un gioco totalmente basato sugli amiibo non ne hanno parlato/non è venuto fuori?

vval

vval
  • Eye Supreme

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • Gruppo: Utente Pro

Ma della possibilità di far uscire un gioco totalmente basato sugli amiibo non ne hanno parlato/non è venuto fuori?

Piuttosto smettono di produrli e li sostituiscono con carte... la vedo brutta :doh:

raumizio

raumizio
  • HardBlackEye

Ecco, la sostituzione con carte proprio non la capisco, se non per un fattore economico e di produzione: sono più veloci da produrre dei pupazzetti, costano meno, ma molto meno, ma le faranno pagare in meno solo qualche euro, col risultato che ci guadagnano di più.

Io la vedo così.

Che tristezza però...

ROcK

ROcK

secondo me usciranno sempre nuove serie di amiibo legate però a specifici giochi.

però per esempio se non esce la serie di fzero...è possibile che il pupazzetto di fzero uno non lo troverebbe +.

quindi ecco la necessità delle card.

o almeno io la vedo così.

il gioco "basato" sugli amiibo può essere fatto lo stesso...basta fare una serie di amiibo specifici per quel gioco. tipo mario party.

in ogni caso in questi incontri non annunciano giochi.

vediamo se fanno le "domande e risposte" con gli investitori ... magari qualcuno gli chiede : "farete un gioco tipo skylanders?"

ROcK

ROcK

Nintendo: Feb. 17 investor meeting Q&A

– amiibo are selling slower in Japan than US
- the NFC figurine market is niche in Japan
– considering experiments with amiibo that don't involve plastic figurines and cards
– Nintendo is aiming to make better use of smart devices and character IP
- this is to drive more success to their core market
– QoL department is its own separate entity
- staff working on QoL come from the hardware division, both software divisions, and systems department
– once again, Nintendo will talk more about smart devices, QoL and IP licensing at the next financial briefing
– Nintendo had trouble producing 3DS units last year, so at year's end they focused on Japan/AU
- Iwata recognizes that TV ads aren't enough to sell a game

Leggono questa discussione 0 utenti

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Logo