Vai al contenuto

Epic xbox next e ps4?Meglio aspettare e farle veramente potenti in modo da garantire un vero salto

- - - - -

• Non puoi aprire una nuova discussione
  • Effettua l'accesso per rispondere
Questa discussione ha avuto 7 risposte

Al84

Al84
  • One Eye

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • Gruppo: Utente Pro
Epic in talks with Sony & Microsoft over next-gen, but would "rather get a massive leap in performance and capabilities than get something today."

Epic Games' vice-president Mark Rein has confirmed that the company has been in talks with Sony and Microsoft to help "shape" the next-generation of consoles, adding that he's happy to wait until next-gen hardware can offer "a massive leap in performance and capabilities than get something today."

"If you're talking about the console you plug into the wall at home, I think that needs to be a really big jump," said Rein talking to VideoGamer.com at Develop about next-gen hardware.

"I think it needs to be a really good justifiable, 'Oh my gosh, look what you can do now that you couldn't do before'. And to do that at a reasonable price it just takes time.
"It's going to come out whenever it comes out," he continued, "and again, the whole do it right versus right now thing, I'd much rather get a massive leap in performance and capabilities than get something today."

Rein added that the firm's GDC 2011 Samaritan demo, which showed a cyberpunk peacekeeper battling thugs in a gritty city street, "was a demo to show what we think the consoles should... what we would like the next gen consoles to be able to do.

"In determining what the next consoles will be, I'm positive that [Sony & Microsoft are] talking to lots and lots of developers and lots of middleware companies to try and shape what it is. We've certainly been talking with them and we've been creating demonstrations to show what we think.

"And obviously the Elemental demo, same thing. We're certainly showing capability if they give us that kind of power, but so is everybody else."

Insomma l'UE4 è pronto,idem il Cryengine e tutte le principali SH stanno continuando a chiedere la potenza necessaria per darci Samaritan speriamo che almeno una delle due lo capisca.Epic continua a crederci riusciranno ad avere questa potenza per fine 2013 o sarà rimandato tutto al 2014??

When asked what next-generation consoles could offer over the current generation besides a leap in power, Rein added:

"Well if you were asking me to make a little crystal ball prediction, I think you're already seeing the console manufacturers making leaps and bounds in the services they provide on the console.
"For example, you've seen Sony make lots of improvements. They added lots of new entertainment related things and new features to the XMB; cloud services and things like that. Same thing with Microsoft: they now have cloud saves and Hulu and that awesome NBA stuff they showed. They're just layering and layering on really cool services already, so I think that you will see a big improvement in services.
"The new consoles will do something even more profound with that than they do today. I think you're seeing them getting ready for that, slowly creeping up a little bit to a point that when they get hardware that has new capabilities they will take advantage of them. And then I also think we will get a big bump in graphics capability and memory and the things that we need to push our games forward."

Modificata da Al84, 12 July 2012 - 09:35 PM.

-LuK-

-LuK-
  • Eye Supreme

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
Ma dai.. La tecnologia per fare il gran salto c'č... Volendo si riesce tranquillamente a fare un Boost di X16...che basta e avanza... A sto punto se davvero sarą ottobre 2013, mi aspetto un X18 o X20...

Al84

Al84
  • One Eye

Ma dai.. La tecnologia per fare il gran salto c'è... Volendo si riesce tranquillamente a fare un Boost di X16...che basta e avanza... A sto punto se davvero sarà ottobre 2013, mi aspetto un X18 o X20...

La tecnologia c'è a quanto pare non c'è tanta voglia in casa MS e Sony.Epic resta comunque ottimista che entrambe capiranno visto che sono spinte da tutte le SH.

dark.antony

dark.antony
  • Eye Bastard

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
mi accontenterei di un x10,speriamo che punino sull'hardware e meno sulle ca..ate tipo kinect

RedHunter

RedHunter
  • Super Eye Fan

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
Beh direi che abbiamo aspettato abbastanza no?

-LuK-

-LuK-
  • Eye Supreme

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta

La tecnologia c'è a quanto pare non c'è tanta voglia in casa MS e Sony.Epic resta comunque ottimista che entrambe capiranno visto che sono spinte da tutte le SH.

Ma credo che anche le SH sotto sotto stia bene questa situazione...fare uscire un gioco, oggi come oggi, con 100 milioni di potenziali acquirenti, non è affatto male per loro...invece con la new generation dovranno partire da zero...e le vendite che hanno ora non si ripeteranno facilmente...

Risacca

Risacca
  • '' Costruiamo Forum Migliori ''

Il punto è proprio questo... Microsoft e Sony si sono messe d'accordo secondo me, per rimandare i nuovi hardware piu' in la, per guadagnare i fondi spesi per questa gen... A questo punto, mi auguro che le nuove ammiraglie siano davvero potenti, anche perchè, da quello che si legge e si sente in giro, non usciranno prima del 2013... Io francamente non ho fretta, l'anno scorso mi sono preso una Slim 250 GB, e negli ultimi 4 mesi mi sono finito i 2 Batman e i primi 2 Mass Effect, perciò continuerò a recuperare vecchi giochi AAA... :incrociamoledita: Come dice Epic & company, il salto deve essere notevole, altrimenti non ha senso...

Laxys

Laxys
  • si stava meglio quando si stava peggio

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
sono daccordo con epic

Leggono questa discussione 0 utenti

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Logo