Vai al contenuto

Daft Punk [Official Topic]new album in 2013

• Non puoi aprire una nuova discussione
  • Effettua l'accesso per rispondere
Questa discussione ha avuto 39 risposte

naru91

naru91
  • IronEye

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • Gruppo: Utente Pro

More news of the next Daft Punk album arrived this week courtesy of American songwriter Paul Williams, who revealed that he helped write a few tunes with the French electro duo and that the as-yet-untitled album could come out as early as this June.

Following a screening of the Paul Williams: Still Alive documentary during the film portion of Austin's SXSW festival, Williams dropped news that he had been collaborating with the outfit, but didn't exactly go into to much detail about the project.

As 107.7 The End reports, Williams said, "I have written songs for Daft Punk. This material will appear on their new album, coming maybe June."

It's uncertain how many songs Williams -- whose back catalogue includes the Academy Award-nominated "The Rainbow Connection" from 1979's The Muppet Movie and the Carpenters' "We've Only Just Begun" -- was on board for.

The news follows last month's reveal that Chic guitarist Nile Rodgers had also prepped some cuts with Daft Punk.

"We were just jamming at my house, but it's gonna be proper and real," Rodgers said at the time. "They came over to my today around breakfast time and it's now evening I basically had to almost kick them out. We were having so much fun just in an informal setting that we decided to make it formal. And it's very formal. It's gonna be amazing."

FONTE! :rosik: :rocker: O_O

Modificata da naru91, 09 June 2012 - 08:19 PM.

Mr. Blue

Mr. Blue
  • Eye Supreme

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
oh cristo...godo godo godo O_O O_O

Chemical Manu

Chemical Manu
  • electroinomane

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • Gruppo: Utente
O_O O_O O_O O_O

naru91

naru91
  • IronEye

Given Daft Punk's sluggish pace at writing albums, we figured we'd have a few more years to wait following 2010's Tron: Legacy soundtrack before we heard another record from the French electronic kings. This might not be the case, since iconic funkster Nile Rodgers has revealed that the Chic leader is in talks to work on the duo's new album.

"Those guys are great," he told CultureMap Houston [via The Daily Swarm]. "They're coming to my apartment on Monday and we're going to talk about making a new record together."

Rodgers -- who recently beat cancer -- reportedly hopes to draw out some R&B influences from Daft Punk. His role in the project isn't entirely clear, but it's likely that he would be serving as a producer. Rodgers has produced a slew of classic recordings, and his resume includes team-ups with Madonna, Duran Duran, David Bowie, Mick Jagger and many more.

These aren't the first rumblings we've heard of a new Daft Punk album in recent years. As previously reported, the duo began working on the as-yet-untitled record when they started Tron: Legacy. Back in 2010, Thomas Bangalter said of the album, "We like the idea of trying to experiment and do different things we haven't done in the past. Our idea of selling out is a different one, though. I imagine it would be finding a successful formula and sticking with it and always doing the same thing. That is not what is exciting to us."

Assuming that this collaboration with Rodgers appears on a new Daft Punk album, this will be the pair's fourth LP overall (excluding the Tron: Legacy soundtrack) and their first since 2005's Human After All.

Pitchfork points out that Daft Punk are also planning to team up with songwriter Paul Williams (the dude who wrote the Muppets' "Rainbow Connection"), so maybe this will pop up on the forthcoming album as well.

UPDATE: As Consequence of Sound points out, Rodgers has shed some more light on his collaboration with Daft Punk, telling Faster Louder, "We were just jamming at my house, but it's gonna be proper and real. They came over to my today around breakfast time and it's now evening I basically had to almost kick them out. We were having so much fun just in an informal setting that we decided to make it formal. And it's very formal. It's gonna be amazing." He also added, "Every track they played I just ran across the room and got my guitar and started playing and we were all dancing around my dining room having the time of our lives."

another article :dribble:

tmc

tmc
  • One Eye

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

-Krell

-Krell
  • Eye Master

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
lo dicevo io che quest'anno uscivano col nuovo disco, troppi anni di assenza (tron escluso dai)

naru91

naru91
  • IronEye

e ancora più del disco,attendo con ansia un nuovo tour! :D (che spero non facciano nel 2017 XD)

naru91

naru91
  • IronEye

e intanto salta fuori una collaborazione con giorgio moroder: http://www.soundsblo...nd-the-johnsons

-Krell

-Krell
  • Eye Master

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
sto pregando Thor perché esca il nuovo album, tranquilli :sisi:

naru91

naru91
  • IronEye

non sei il solo tranquillo :sisi: :bonjo: :bonjo: :bonjo: :bonjo: :bonjo: :bonjo:

Just Panta

Just Panta
  • friendzone level: orsino panta

• Gruppo: [Mod]Moderatore
era ora! 'rcozzzio!

Fottuto hype che non sto nella pelle mai più per DP feat. Moroder :\

naru91

naru91
  • IronEye

tra l'altro mi son messo a sentire qualcosa di suo (di moroder intendo)... mi ha già preso :D

Just Panta

Just Panta

Cioè... non l'avevi mai ascoltato? ;<

naru91

naru91
  • IronEye

Cioè... non l'avevi mai ascoltato? ;<

ammetto la mia ignoranza :will2:,ma sto cercando di rimediare,sappilo :sisi:
p.s = stavo ascoltando come dicevo prima this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awwFKeF0D9Q

e sono un pirla,perche mentre lo ascoltavo pensavo: "ma io ste sonorità le ho già sentite" :lenny:

ci credo che le avevo già sentite,a furia di sentire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7d3qe364cs

: :doh: :angel:

Just Panta

Just Panta

Ma a suo tempo si parlò approfonditamente di Tron Legacy Reconfigured?

Leggono questa discussione 0 utenti

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Logo