Vai al contenuto

[MEGATEN] Shin Megami Tensei - Persona - Devil Summoner - DDS & Co.Campagna di megatenizzazione

megaten atlus smt persona

• Non puoi aprire una nuova discussione
  • Effettua l'accesso per rispondere
Questa discussione ha avuto 298 risposte

reriel

reriel
  • "Ok, then"

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • Gruppo: Everyeye.it Pro

Sempre per i 30 anni di famitsu, aggiungo artwork di Suzuhito Yasuda (con i protagonisti di DS2, Caladrius e Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth):

b5dSrZD.jpg

di toi8 (Genei Ibunroku #FE) che propone una sua versione di Nekomata:

71JkOAb.jpg

e Soejima che propone Morgana omaggiando Fantasy Zone:

AqYpq6T.jpg

reriel

reriel
  • "Ok, then"

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta

No vabbeh, non fregherà a nessuno ma scopro oggi che a novembre uscirà finalmente il quarto Kazuma Kaneko Works (dedicato a Devil Summoner).....giusto quegli 8 anni di distanza dal terzo :asd: uscito nel lontano 2008, non ci speravo più ormai :dormire:

http://www.hobbystoc...by-bks-00003336

http://www.chara-ani...prdid=B16905576

reriel

reriel
  • "Ok, then"

A proposito di Kaneko (intanto il quarto volume è stato rimandato in primavera...) spunta un suo nuovo artwork dopo 8 anni di assenza. Da giugno Kadokawa pubblicherà una serie di manga su alcune figure storiche del Giappone, il volume su Nobunaga Oda ha la cover disegnata da Kaneko.

megq16u.jpg

http://shoten.kadoka...hu/jinbutsuden/

BlackFrost

BlackFrost
  • I've become hee ho evil!

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • Gruppo: Utente Pro
:o :o :o :wub: :wub: :wub:

XX-YY-ZZ

XX-YY-ZZ
  • Eye Master

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta

Sarei l'unico che pensa che alcuni demoni siano affascinanti ma inquietanti allo stesso tempo?

Comunque grazie mille per gli esempi riportati, in effetti l'ispirazione si vede meglio ora

devono esserlo. i persona sono assolutamente neutri in etica. hai visto il video di presentazione di smt V per switch? :)

Matte44

Matte44
  • La classe non è acqua

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta

Devono esserlo. I persona sono assolutamente neutri in etica. Hai visto il video di presentazione di SMT V per Switch? :)

Ora che me lo fai notare non hanno mai toccato il giocatore preferendo stare sulla distanza e osservarlo, quindi ammetto che il tuo ragionamento non fa una piega :D

reriel

reriel
  • "Ok, then"

Un'intervista a Shigenori Soejima condotta da pixivision, con sketch video su Makoto:

I started to work at Atlus right after graduating. What is it like to work at Atlus?

-- I guess every video game fan already knows what Atlus is, but can you tell us something about your company? What are your most representative titles?
667654742.jpg
The most famous ones are without any doubt Shin Megami Tensei and the Persona series. Other representative titles are the Etrian Odyssey series and the most recent Catherine.

-- How did you start working at Atlus?
667654742.jpg

It was 1995. I just graduated, and Atlus had just started to produce Revelations: Persona.

I started working there as a designer, but at the time the separation between tasks wasn't so harsh so I ended up doing a little bit of everything. Even pixel art. 

-- Why did you choose Atlus?
667654742.jpg
It was because it wasn't such a big company at the time. (laughs) I thought if I were to enter a big company, I wouldn't have had much freedom to do whatever I pleased. On the other hand, at a company like Atlus I had many opportunities to give my contribution.

-- What software are you using mainly?
667654742.jpg
Paint Tool SAI and Photoshop.
For the part where I use my pen tablet, I use SAI. So lines, coloring... I use Photoshop mainly to adjust the colors and to add special effects. Sometimes I also use CLIP STUDIO.

-- Do you use a LCD tablet or a regular one?
667654742.jpg
I've been using a regular tablet for the longest time, 'cause I didn't like the idea of hiding my illustrations with my hand. However, I heard so many times about how great LCD tablets are that I'm thinking to get one. (laughs) I'm a creature of habit. If there's a device I like to use, I'll keep using even after it gets obsolete. Other members of the staff, though, use much newer things.
393075664.jpg
▲ His PC is a Windows 7, Intel Core i7 - 6700 32GB memory at 3.4 GHz. Soejima's favorite pen tablet is an "Intuos 3" from 10 years ago. A good workman does not blame his tools!

-- What are your must-have items?
667654742.jpg
My headphones. I use BOSE and AKG. The latter are the result of a collaboration between AKG and Persona 5.
729686398.jpg
818372392.jpg
▲ These "AKG K845BT" feature Persona 5 character Sakura Futaba.

-- Since headphones are your must-have item, I imagine you listen to a lot of music while you work!
667654742.jpg

Yes, mainly video game music. Or better, the music from the game I'm currently working for.

The atmosphere of my illustrations changes quite a lot according to what kind of music I'm listening, so I always try to get the BGM music data in advance to use it while I'm drawing.

-- I see, so you're using the BGM of the title you're working on. I'm kinda jealous of your work environment!

Creators can move freely at Atlus

-- If you're a creator, you have two choices: to work as a freelancer and to work for a company. Can you tell us the advantages and disadvantages of being an employee?
667654742.jpg
One of the advantages is that you have always people around you.
If you're working as a freelancer, you always have to contact your editor via phone or chat. If you work for a company, though, everyone is already there - you just need to go to their office and you can talk to them right away.
529652445.jpg

▲ In the company's common space, we found plenty of "P・STUDIO" paraphernalia.

413291678.jpg

▲ Daiichi Production, the studio behind "Shin Megami Tensei" and "Etrian Odyssey", has a shared tatami space inside the office.

746848816.jpg

▲ The common space of Studio Zero, the studio working on"Project Re Fantasy". The layout facilitates the communication between each floor.

766690985.jpg
▲ A one-of-a-kind controller to commemorate the advent of Persona 5 sent from someone who works at Atlus USA. We need this...!

667654742.jpg
When you're a creator of any kind, it can be hard to complete a project or gather all necessary ideas by yourself. Having a group of people around you can really help!
Also, you can get all the equipment you need. If you tell someone "I need this thing for my work", they're gonna buy it for you. And I'm not only talking about hardware - they'll gather resources and whatever else you need. One of the merits of working in a company is that the environment built around you is thought for work.

However, the thing I like the most is the dynamism that working for a game company creates. Many brains mean many ideas, many illustrations, many people involved in the game. I really love this about Atlus.

The disadvantage is... Having a last train home. (laughs) There are limitations on how much we can work, so if I end up staying too late someone is gonna get angry at me.
But let's think about it. You need to learn self-management this way, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

-- Can you tell us something more about Atlus work rules?
667654742.jpg
Core time is from 11 until 16. During that time span, you should be at the company. But since work hours are flexible, they tend not to be too strict. You can get to work early in the morning and go home 8 hours later, or you can get to the office just in time for core time, at 11 o'clock.

-- It's nice to have that kind of freedom! How many hours do you work?
667654742.jpg
When deadlines are approaching, I can work all day every day... (laughs) But basically, I work according to the rules.

-- What do you do in order to rest your eyes and hands?
667654742.jpg
I think it's really important to choose the perfect chair. My company really values a nice work environment, so everyone is usually sitting on a very nice chair.
Us designers, unlike illustrations, don't really keep drawing for hours and hours. We often look at materials and resources or have meetings. That's why I don't think the burden on our bodies is too big.

What are the limitations on character design? Joys and sorrows of group work

-- Can you tell what goes inside the head of a character designer? How can you become good at it?
667654742.jpg
"Character design" means to create the setting for a certain character, but I think that the ability to draw is a prerequisite in order to be able to convey all their characteristics.
A thing I realized when I entered this company is that even if you're good at drawing, that doesn't mean you will make a good character designer. Competitions inside the company can get pretty harsh, but sometimes it can happen that designs from people who can't draw end up being adopted. For the initial concept, stick figures are usually better than super detailed characters.
It might be hard to get good at design if you're not that good at drawing, but I'm pretty sure that "drawing skills" and "design skills" are two completely different things. I realized all these things after joining Atlus, and since then I've always been drawing to increase my skills as a designer.

-- What is the best way to increase your skills as a designer?
667654742.jpg

Of course, it's important to observe what's around you... But there's something less vague that you could do.
Personally, I started from asking myself: "What's the thing that I enjoy the most?"
I think when you start drawing something you're always influenced by what's popular at that time. Then, you start looking for ways to be different from the popular creators. However, you don't always get results right away. I was even scolded by my boss because I couldn't find a satisfying output, a way to be different. (laughs) He told me to just be myself and to draw what I felt like drawing. 
Since that moment I started actively thinking about how to create something that was different from whatever came in the past. I started to find the things I was missing.
It's important to continuously try to perfect yourself, both by studying and by finding new interests.

682178165.jpg
381996680.jpg
▲ Even a successful designer like Soejima was scolded at the start of his career.

-- What's the most fun thing about character design?
667654742.jpg
To give shape to a character that has only a vague image gives me a blast every time.
Characters are not something that I make on my own, but that our team creates together. I like sharing what I made with the team, and everyone usually reacts with "Oh, so this is what this character was like!"
When I have to design a character, I start with written indications. Going from that to an actual physical image... That's the most fun that I have during my job.

-- And what's the most frustrating thing?
667654742.jpg

Since design is quite different from plain art, there are many things that I have to consider when creating a character. I have to think that that same character will be made into a 3D model and animated... And if, for example, character A and character B are brothers they should resemble each other. 
I have to base my drawings on character settings, and that leads to some limitations. It's very hard to respect those limitations while creating a good character.

151860023.jpg

▲ Character creation is something that various members of the staff collaborate on. It doesn't matter how small a character is, there's always much thought going into it.

-- I think that the designs for "personas" appearing in the Persona series are very cool and stylish. How are these creatures born?
667654742.jpg
The first thing that I consider is what kind of impression that persona will leave when it meets the eye of the player.
Do you want it to be cool? Scary? I mix different ingredients according to the kind of persona I want to create.
However, designs that are too easy to understand can end up resulting quite boring. I like to add elements that create a little mystery... I want the players to think "why does this persona look like this?". My intent is not only to create good looking creatures but also to make the player curious about the original setting for each of them.
485739844.jpg
-- What would you recommend to all those who're aiming for a career as an illustrator or character designer?
667654742.jpg
I think the best method to learn something is "to make it into a job". If you only do something as a hobby, you'll tend to be biased towards things you like.
By entering a company, you'll have the chance to draw both things from your specialty field and things outside of it. 

When I joined Atlus I was quite confident about my skills, but I can't say the same about drawing something outside my field of interest. I remember clearly what one of my senpai said to me back then: "Soejima, you pretend like you can draw anything, but you actually can't draw at all". (laughs)
So instead of working at your desk and thinking "I'd like to make this into a job one day", get out there and make it into a job.
And I hope you will choose our company!

▲ Soejima drew Persona 5 character Makoto Niijima just for us. How beautiful is this!?
Atlus is currently hiring! Apply through pixiv!

-- I would like to ask you something about recruiting. What made you decide to recruit new staff?
667654742.jpg
After Persona 5 was released, the same team is considering to work on another project, Project Re Fantasy by Studio Zero, which I'm working on as an art director. Apart from that, Atlus is planning to launch a new project for Shin Megami Tensei 25th anniversary, but we don't have enough staff to cover all that...
We are especially looking for artists, and we heard that the best place to find them is a certain treasure cave called pixiv.
855955658.jpg

▲ Studio Zero, the freshly established studio that deals with Atlus new project. To stimulate further growth and to follow the tradition of existing Atlus projects, they are hiring new personnel.

-- Is this offer limited to newly graduated students?
667654742.jpg

No, we don't really care about that. You can apply even if you're in the middle of your career, or if you were a student quite a few years ago. People who are currently working as freelancers are also welcome to apply. We are looking for graphic creators to join our team at Atlus.

-- Isn't gonna be hard to get hired at a company like Atlus, that produces such original games?

667654742.jpg Thank you for complimenting our company. However, it's not like people without original ideas can't find a job at Atlus! And it's not like you have to know anything and everything about Atlus if you want to join. If you played Shin Megami Tensei you probably have this image of Atlas as a super serious company, but rest assured that the creators and members of the staff are only serious when doing their job. (laughs) We are very passionate about creating original contents, but as a team we are pretty standard. It's a regular company.The tendency is to join everyone's forces when it comes to creating a new title. If you're interested in this creative side of the production, please apply!
So if you're interested in becoming a character designer or an illustrator, we will be more than happy to have you!

https://www.pixivision.net/en/a/2403

edolave

edolave
  • Wipeoutdipendente

Uppo questo topic per un consiglio. 

Causa quarantena sto finalmente smaltendo un po' di backlog e vorrei, dopo averli comprati anni fa su ps3, rispolverare la console e giocare i due Digital Devil Saga.

Nel 2020 ne vale ancora la pena secondo voi? O sono giochi diventati fin troppo arcaici? (la grafica non è un problema) 

sonuccio

sonuccio
  • all we can do is keep breathing

• Gruppo: [Mod]Moderatore

bhe "arcaico" nel mondo del rpg giapponesi è un termine che spesso e volentieri perde un po' di significato, considerando che certi stili e certe dinamiche di gioco ritornano ciclicamente; in sostanza, i DDS potrebbero uscire oggi e nessuno direbbe nulla di strano.

Tra l'altro credo siano ancora considerati tra i SMT migliori in circolazione.

lokkorulez

lokkorulez
  • Strong Eye Fan

• StellettaStellettaStelletta
Madonna pensavo a qualche news sul nuovo titolo per switch T___T

XX-YY-ZZ

XX-YY-ZZ
  • Eye Master

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta

Uppo questo topic per un consiglio. 

Causa quarantena sto finalmente smaltendo un po' di backlog e vorrei, dopo averli comprati anni fa su ps3, rispolverare la console e giocare i due Digital Devil Saga.

Nel 2020 ne vale ancora la pena secondo voi? O sono giochi diventati fin troppo arcaici? (la grafica non è un problema) 

non so se lo sai, ma c'è anche il lucifer call sullo store ;)

Modificata da XX-YY-ZZ, 15 May 2020 - 03:24 PM.

DigitalDevilPoison

DigitalDevilPoison
  • Eye Bastard

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
Digital Devil Saga sono da giocare assolutamente, ma come si evince dal mio nick, potrei essere di parte.

Sono d'accordo con sonuccio, penso che per un giocatore abituale di jRPG, trovarsi oggi tra le mani un DDS non sia poi così traumatico. Diverso il discorso se invece si è abituati ad AAA current gen, ma io uno sforzino a sopportare ambientazioni spoglie ecc consiglierei di farlo.

edolave

edolave
  • Wipeoutdipendente

Madonna pensavo a qualche news sul nuovo titolo per switch T___T

Mi spiace, non volevo "ingannarti".

Grazie a tutti per i consigli. Sono avvezzo ai JRPG quindi, di base, già mi sentivo "tranquillo", dopo avervi letto ho fugato gli ultimi dubbi. A breve partirò a giocare.

Youtube Is Awesome

Youtube Is Awesome
  • Little Eye Fan

• Stelletta
  • Gruppo: Everyeye.it User

Personalmente, SMT IF, Soul Hackers, Majin Tensei 1\2 e DDS 1\2 gli unici spin-off meritevoli.

Leggono questa discussione 0 utenti

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Logo