The man behind Dead or Alive and the modern Ninja Gaiden games will at long last be coming out of his ninja cave next week. In a post at the Valhalla Game Studios corporate site, Tomonobu Itagaki announced that the newly formed independent studio will be going public with its first game at E3.
"Hello, this is Tomonobu Itagaki. I have an important announcement to make," began a post dated today (6/8). "This year, at the E3 show, we have decided to go public with the latest game we are working on right now at Valhalla Game Studios."
He didn't provide details on the game, but it does look like it will be a major release. Continued the post, "In the past, I created four unique games - 'Dead or Alive,' 'Ninja Gaiden,' 'DOA Xtreme,' and 'NG Dragon Sword.' Thus, this announcement will be the fifth all-new project in my lifetime."
The post is available in both English and Japanese, so see for yourself if you can parse it for any further clues.
Itagaki is Chief Technical Officer & Game Design Lead at Valhalla, a studio he formed with fellow former Tecmo employee Satoshi Kanematsu, who serves as the studio's CEO.
Past updates at the official site have suggested that the studio's first game would be for HD game consoles, but an actual platform has not yet been announced. It is worth noting, however, that since announcing the formation of Valhalla, Itagaki has restarted his monthly development column in Famitsu Xbox 360, so his ties with Microsoft do seem to be intact.
comunicato sul sito
Primi dettagli ufficiali
- In sviluppo dal 6 a.C.
- Tutti i generi inclusi (compreso pistacchio e fragola)
- Nuovo engine sviluppato da Nasa+Rettiliani (copyright© Voyager). Supporto per colori 16bit e risoluzione max 640*480
- Nessun publisher: IL GIOCO è il publisher
- 34738393809320280328 programmatori trapassati durante lo sviluppo
- La standard edition verrà venduta con una graziosa rilegatura in pelle umana. Nessun dettaglio sulla Legendary, ma il maestro promette sorprese.
- Lo vuoi
Prima immagine in-game
Modificata da Sentry, 09 June 2010 - 11:07 AM.