Vai al contenuto

[NDS] Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (Topic Ufficiale)Ritornano gli ammazzavampiri!

- - - - -

• Non puoi aprire una nuova discussione
  • Effettua l'accesso per rispondere
Questa discussione ha avuto 906 risposte

Soma

Soma
  • A miserable little pile of secrets

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • Gruppo: Utente

Koji Igarashi sarà alla Game Developers Conference :o

http://schedule.gdco...ssion-id/828360

There and Back Again: Koji Igarashi's Metroidvania Tale

Date: Friday, March 21
Time: 2:30pm-3:30pm

From its beginnings with 8-bit classics like Metroid, through its rebirth in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and several games in the series since -- right up to the current generation of hardware -- "Metroidvania"-style games' mix of action/adventure and exploration/backtracking has stood the test of the time. Join long-time Castlevania-producer Koji Igarashi for an exploration of his experiences and methodology in creating some of the most popular and influential games in the genre over the last 15 years.

Beastly_Zero

Beastly_Zero
  • Eye Supreme

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • Gruppo: Utente Pro

:dribble:  se mi fanno un altra trilogia 2D compro il 3DS :sisi:

Per la missione del grido io non l'ho ancora fatta, chissà che lo finirò anche io al 100%, e dire che sono a 20 ore di gioco (mesi fa)...capolavoro.

silverchariot

silverchariot
  • SEGAAAAAAAA

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta

se mi fanno un altra trilogia 2D

la vedo improbabile come cosa :asd:

Beastly_Zero

Beastly_Zero
  • Eye Supreme

la vedo improbabile come cosa :asd:

Quante cose nel mondo videoludico sono "state" improbabili :D ? comunque me ne basta uno ogni 4 anni :sisi:

Modificata da Beastly-Zero, 03 March 2014 - 04:00 PM.

Ruka

Ruka
  • I'm just the tutorial level !!!

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
Visto che chiudono i server, c'era qualcosa da scaricare?

vval

vval
  • Eye Supreme

Comunque il grido della banshee non è quello che fa Shanoa prima di morire, nè bisogna gridare al 3DS asd

E' semplicemente la registrazione del "grido" della banshee del monastero.

Soma

Soma
  • A miserable little pile of secrets

• StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • Gruppo: Utente

Interessante intervista a IGA e immagini dalla GDC:

http://www.usgamer.n...f-koji-igarashi

IGA: Being 100% honest, we'll be focusing on those fans who primarily are on the console and are looking for console experiences or your traditional handhelds. Those are the people that we're going to focus on first and foremost. If I get to a position where I absolutely have to do mobile like the rest of everyone else due to funding issues, then I'll do what I have to to survive.

IGA: This is actually a common misconception that occurs. And that is the anime style chosen in Dawn of Sorrow - it wasn't to make it appeal more to the Japanese market, it was to make it appeal more to the DS market...

IGA: ...and the rationale there was that people who were gaming on the DS continue to get younger and younger versus previous handhelds. And if you, with the franchise, don't continue to try and get new fans and new customers, then you just end up with older and older gamers that sometimes stop gaming or peter off. So that was pretty much us trying to appeal to new, younger users, to try to get them interested in that series. Though it didn't really work.

IGA: So, really I decided to make the jump around the end of last year, and that was because I had certain people telling me I really needed to consider it. I have a background and a support group that helped me make that leap. My last day was the 15th of March, so really jumping into my own company – that was two or three days ago. As far as the concept, I've put the ideas on paper. I now have it in the format that I want to, and the idea is at [GDC] to actively to talk publishers and see if there is a fit for finding a potential partner in the future. And that's, of course, only one of several options that I can pursue, but in the near future that's the first thing I need to focus on.

USG: So the classic style of Castlevania died off because of social gaming, not because Konami wanted to focus on Lords of Shadow?

IGA: Honestly I mean, those sorts of decisions were made in upper management, above my head.

USG: Of course.

IGA: So I can't really comment on exactly what the rationale was for why the company decided not to move forward in making classic Castlevania games. But, you know, without a doubt, it's impossible to suggest that social didn't make the company money. It made them lots and lots of money. Naturally, putting resources on that side of the fence while maybe trying a different approach with the Castlevania series – that was probably their thinking.

USG: I'd be curious to hear what you think of Rogue Legacy once you play it. They said they were really inspired by your Castlevania games – in fact, their prototype used Rondo of Blood sprites as placeholders.

IGA: I'll let you know, if I ever play it. But you know, putting in placeholder graphics like that, of the game that kind of inspires you when you're making a new offshoot title or something like that, is pretty common in the game industry. I don't know if I can say this or not, but when I was making Tokimeki Memorial I was thinking of Princess Maker, and so we had some temporary graphics in there of that game for a short period of time. [laughs]

USG: A lot of indies have been inspired by Castlevania, actually. Have you been in contact with any of those teams?

IGA: Unfortunately, no, I haven't talked to any of those companies. Within the game industry it's pretty famous that I'm kind of a recluse and don't have a lot of friends. Sorry. [laughs]

USG: The title of your panel this week uses the fan term "metroidvania." How do you feel about people pushing that onto your work?

IGA: Honestly, in my heart, I really wanted to make something like Legend of Zelda. However, if you make Legend of Zelda a 2D side-scrolling game, then it naturally turns into Metroid, or naturally the game mechanics resemble a more Metroid experience. So, when I was making Symphony of the Night, I was thinking more of Zelda, and it's strange to hear people say "metroidvania." But when you think about it logically, it's like, yeah, the different hooks and the fact that you go back and forth in different areas and things like that, that is Metroid-style gameplay for sure. So, I get it.

USG: I think the term came about because the map in Symphony of the Night resembles the map from Super Metroid.

IGA: Oh, I thought it was because they had a super jump mechanic in Symphony of the Night that was very similar to Metroid's, and that the person that came up with the term was thinking about that game mechanic when he made it.

USG: It's interesting that you've embraced the fan term.

IGA: Yeah, actually, when I left Konami, they were like "Don't say the word Castlevania a lot." So, being able to say Metroidvania is good! It gives me an option of a word I can use.

USG: There's a trend these days of classic game developers going independent and getting the band back together, so to speak. Do you plan to work with people like Ayami Kojima and Michiru Yamane, who are so closely linked with your Castlevania games?

IGA: Obviously I worked with a lot of talented people on a wide variety of Castlevania games. So, yeah, probably the core people that fans will associate with bringing the band back together for a Castlevania game will include names like Yamane and Kojima. There are lots of other really talented people that maybe aren't as high profile but are absolutely necessary to create that kind of experience. And I know lots of different artists, of course, as well, that have helped make the franchise what it is. So, knowing those people and potentially being able to work with them is defintiely something that I'm looking into. Because I want to work with talented people that really make the games the gamers like. With Kojima, I don't talk with her as much as I used to, but with Yamane, I go out drinking with her a lot, so... [laughs]

USG: I interviewed her a couple of years ago and she seemed like she'd be pretty interested in working on another Castlevania-style game.  

IGA: Oh, really? Whenever I go drinking with her, she always talks about all the times I screwed up before on the games that we worked together, so it's nice to hear that she's interested in that sort of game, working with me again. [laughs] 'Cause the only image I have is all the times I screwed up.

http://www.famitsu.c...3/22050353.html

l_532cf1773b660.jpg
l_532cf178a9b79.jpg
l_532cf178cc23e.jpg
l_532cf179311b8.jpg
l_532cf179d6639.jpg
l_532cf17a094f5.jpg
l_532cf17a98209.jpg
l_532cf17ace14b.jpg
l_532cf17b6bee9.jpg
l_532cf17c232c0.jpg
l_532cf17c3c213.jpg